Thursday, January 10, 2013

Better than the Light at the End of the Tunnel

The other day I was praying, complaining to God really...asking Him...where is the end of this current suffering? Isn't three and a half years of looking for a full-time job for my husband enough? Isn't struggling to keep the electric and gas on, being threatened with the water being shut off, struggling to feed the family, pay the bills...isn't over three years of it enough? Where, oh where, is the light at the end of the tunnel?

And then He hit me smack in my blind eyes...His truth....so much better than the world's lie. I am looking for the light in the wrong place. My eyes are straining to see that which was not meant for me to see - the end of the tunnel. He is illuminating the path right NOW. He wants me to see Him, the Light of the world, right now, in these current circumstances. He is the Hope I need, not the end of the tunnel. He is the Light I seek...and I can have Him right now, right here, right in the midst of this dark tunnel...and it excites me to be able to see Him, to have my eyes wide-opened.

Oh, the world wants me to believe that the tunnel is dark (and it may be), that it is hopeless (and it may seem like it), that I should be looking for the light at the end of the tunnel (my eyes have strained). But the truth? Well, exciting...so exciting that it sets my skin a-tingling. The Light is not at the end of the tunnel. I don't need to strain to see - The Light is with me in the tunnel! He has not left me alone, He has not broken His Word to me. Can you see Him?? That is right. Whatever your tunnel is...whether it be the loss of a job, the loss of a house, the unfaithfulness of your man, the illness of a child, the broken womb...you are not alone. Your tunnel, no matter how dark, is not without light. Jesus Christ, the Light of the World, is right there with you....right HERE with me!!

And so, my blindness becomes sight as He opens my eyes...I see Him clearly, the Light of the world. And, I am able to give thanks for His abundant provision in the midst of the darkness, for His constant care and concern, for His amazing love...and that He is not only the Light of the world, but He is the Light that illuminates my darkness. He is providing in the HERE and in the NOW. I don't have to wait until my husband finds a full-time job. I don't have to wait until this current trial ends to see HIM!! Praising God for His goodness and mercy...for continuing to teach me the same lesson without growing weary. Thanking Him for His kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment