Friday, December 30, 2011

Counting the Gifts

And I thank Him for...

14. the quiet early morning hours, when He calls me out of bed...to sit at His
feet, soak Him in, preparing me for the day, renewing my thoughts of Him,
causing me to crave His presence, refreshing my perspective, giving me eyes to
see...

15. the pangs of hunger that awaken my physical body to its need.

16. the refreshing night's sleep.

17. the two sons, still warmly tucked into their beds...sleeping,
dreaming...peaceful.

18. eyes that are beginning to see.

19. morning's fresh start, the promise of His mercies, new every morning.

20. Christmas decorations, just one more hour, day, week...of remembering Him whom
we are meant to see in all things every moment of every hour of every day.

21. the bats scuttling in the attic, not having made it again into the living space.

22. water on night-parched lips.

23. soft feel of blanket on cool skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment