Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Gift from my Father

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?? Well, I do...and I especially love that it is neither a plan of my making nor of my orchestration...it is just God, being God...doing far more, abundantly, exceedingly more, than I could ever ask or imagine. So...here it goes. I so love using Heart of Dakota curriculum. I did not have the money to buy it last year, so I just bought the guide and whatever books I could not get out of the library. I was sure that this year would be different. I have a scholarship, the books will be 50% paid for...etc. The only catch is that I have to pay for the books up front.

Enter the problem: I don't have any money to pay for the books up front. Oh, I could have used a slew of different curricula. My friends all offered theirs to me, but I just knew that God wanted me to use HOD. So, I prayed...and I prayed...and I prayed...and I waited...and I waited...and I waited....for what? Well, certainly I did not know what it was going to look like, but I knew that it was going to be a God moment, and He would intervene. That much I was sure of!

And today, He made it clear to me that He has heard my prayers and has answered! I received a package. ..and in it was...drum roll please....the Creation to Christ Instructor's Guide and The History of the Ancient World! Praise God! He hears me when I cry and He answers. He knows my desire to raise my children to know Him and honor Him...and He has led me to HOD because of all the curricula I have tried or used, it is the one that helps me accomplish this goal! Oh, how amazed I am and how moved to tears. I celebrate the faithfulness of my Father, my Redeemer and my King! Praising God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment