Monday, September 6, 2010

An Amazing Provision

God is so good!! I am often overwhelmed by His loving kindness and goodness to me. I have done NOTHING that would cause me to deserve His loving kindness or His forgiveness...and yet, His love for me is so great that He chooses to make a way through Jesus for me to be forgiven, for my sins to be cleansed. Then, not only does He give me forgiveness, cleansing me, but He also provides for my every need...and generously gives me so much more than I could ever ask or imagine!

One of my devotionals this weekend was about seeing all of our circumstances through that truth. Whether difficult things are happening or wonderful things, we can be assured that His intentions toward us are loving, good and kind. My job is to not let my circumstances dictate my understanding of God, but to let the Truth about who God is interpret my circumstances, constantly looking for evidence of God's goodness...it is there! His Word is TRUE regardless of my circumstances.

And, here is one example of His goodness in the midst of difficult financial situations.
We had a great "work" weekend. And, being Labor Day, we had an extra day together, celebrating and enjoying our family. Saturday we drove an hour to pick up an INCREDIBLE swing set that someone chose to bless us with (God in action!!). Then, zipped on home and Todd and Joshua began "shop class"...a two day adventure in assembling this massive wooden structure. Finally, this afternoon, the boys enjoyed it together. Josh likes to climb up on top of the monkey bars and sit...just like his mama used to do when she was a young girl (am I really old now??). Jacob uses the sandbox under the wooden deck as a house. He invites us in and shows us around with pride. The boys are just too cute! And...we just praise God for His abundant provision of this swing set. It is so much more than we could have imagined! At a time when we can not afford to do the smallest thing for our boys, God is busy doing BIG things for them. He is building their faith and ours in ways that we could not even begin to imagine if we could just go out and buy everything on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment